Hey there, thanks for dropping by 👋
I’m Amanda, a Midwest girl at heart kicking it in the Rocky Mountains.
If I seem familiar, you might remember me from my former blog that started as Notes from a Newlywed and later became Amanda Moments. You can still find some of my favorite old posts on this site.
If you’re new here and looking for a partner on your content or communication projects – or someone to listen enthusiastically to your cat stories – you’re in the right place.
Quite simply, I’m obsessed with all forms of content and communication, and consider the AP Stylebook my personal Bible. I light up when tackling typos, crafting a creative strategy, interviewing bold leaders and change-makers, making data-driven decisions, and creating organizational efficiencies. I geek out over personas, journey maps and brand guides, and believe that clear, concise, consistent and compelling content is basically the bees knees.
Throughout my career, I’ve worn many hats across a range of industries. I followed my heart from the student newspaper (Go MSUM Dragons!) to the obit department of the local paper, to the editorial arm of a casino trade magazine, to a vitamin and supplement ecommerce company, to the marketing team at an award-winning chamber of commerce in the Midwest.
In 2019, I was selected from hundreds of local women to participate in the United Way of Cass-Clay’s 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership program. I had an incredible experience learning more about myself, building professional skills, giving two speeches(!), and growing my confidence and connections.
A typical Libra and eagle-eyed editor, CliftonStrengths says that my strengths are intellection, input, empathy, deliberative and connectedness, while the DiSC assessment reports I am conscientious and steady.
When I’m not working, you can probably find me piecing together a puzzle with a podcast playing in the background, reading a celebrity memoir or business book, volunteering for the Cat Care Society or rewatching the Golden Girls (I’m a total Dorothy; what about you?).
Want more? These are the songs that give me life!
Affiliations & accomplishments
- Junior Board of Director, Secretary & Marketing Committee: Cat Care Society
- Current Active Member: Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Program 2019: United Way of Cass-Clay
What do I believe in?
- Compassion, courage, curiosity and kindness
- Continual learning and personal and professional development
- Respecting and protecting animals and our environment
- Equal and equitable rights for all, especially women, BIPOC and GLBTQIA+ individuals
Skills & expertise
- Content strategy
- Editing & proofreading
- Social media
- Hootsuite, Buffer, Loomly
- Email marketing
- Corporate communications
- Brand and style standards
- Media relations
- Content management systems
- AP Style
- Search engine optimization & Google Analytics
Some of my other writing
- Auto Rental News articles
- Automotive Fleet articles
- School Bus Fleet articles
- Government Fleet articles
- 2021 Metro Profile & Chamber Directory
- From Kosovo to Keto: The story of Amy Monson’s many missions [Chamber blog]
- Kale: King of the Produce Aisle? [Swanson blog]
- dogID.com blogs
Want to work together?
I’m always on the lookout for new opportunities to learn and grow, make meaningful connections, or offer my skills. Please reach out if you want to collaborate or have an idea or question!