Oh, hey there! You might know me from my old blogging days. I’m Amanda, and before this site, I ran a blog that started as Notes from a Newlywed and later became Amanda Moments. You can still find some of my favorite old posts on this site. I’ve hung up my blogging hat, but occasionally still need a space to write (like when my cat Captain died).
A bit about me
With a career always having to do with words, I’ve had a range of roles, from newspaper obituary clerk to managing editor of a casino trade magazine, from proofreader of vitamin bottles to marketing for one of the largest chambers of commerce in the Midwest.
In 2019, I was selected from hundreds of local women to participate in the United Way of Cass-Clay’s 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership program. I had an incredible experience learning more about myself, building professional skills, giving two speeches(!), and growing my confidence and connections.
When I’m not working or exploring my city, you can usually find me curled up on the couch with a good book, working a puzzle, researching causes that I believe in or watching ’90s sitcoms. I’m a bit obsessed with cats, Halloween, Big Brother and restaurant ranch.
What do I believe in?
- Compassion, empathy and kindness
- Continual learning, asking questions and being curious about people and the world around us
- Respecting and protecting animals and our environment
- Human rights, particularly for women, BIPOC and GLBTQ+
Some of my other writing
- 2021 Metro Profile & Chamber Directory
- Chamber publications, blog and web content
- Chamber press releases
- Emotional health page on Swanson
- Wedding Videography Myths From A Past Bride – Grassfire Studios blog
- Swanson Health blogs
- dogID.com blogs
Want to work together?
I’m always on the lookout for new opportunities to learn and grow, make meaningful connections, or offer my skills. Please reach out if you want to collaborate or have an idea or question!